2. I have hung out with these guys. We have gone out to eat. We have gone to the movies. We have gone to the beach. We have bickered in the privacy of our own home. And sometimes we stopped bickering and smiled all at the same time.
3. I have taken this kid to lots and lots of music things: cello lessons, chamber music group, summer symphony....as many as the kid can sign up for. Why can't 12 year-olds drive? I have also listened to both he and his sister practice their respective instruments for hours on end.
4. Did I mention the beach? This summer has been unusually hot and dry. Good for beach days, bad for my garden. We also tried out Stand Up Paddle Boarding. The kids were much better at it than me. But it was fun! And now I am trying to convince my dad to get a paddle board for his beach house....you know, for the grandkids....
7. I have been growing things. Growing things is amazingly addictive and fun and Jack Jack has eaten all sorts of vegetables he would never have even tried before. These peas and their pods are our favorite so far.
9. I have been knitting. I have four babies that will be born to our extended family in the next six months. The first two are baby boys and could arrive any time in the next four weeks. I have knitted one sweater so far and this one will go to which ever baby boy is born first. I am currently waiting for my new yarn to start sweater number two.
10. I have also, occasionally, checked google reader and read a few posts. I think I am going to delete most of the stuff in my reader so that it is not so overwhelming. There are currently over 1000 unread posts in there Then, just maybe I will actually comment on a few things this summer. Or I will just keep knitting, playing, swinging, growing, reading, drinking, beaching, swimming and enjoying my way through this summer in whatever way works.